SEARCH MY BLOG...

Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Getaway...


I wrote my first journal when I was 12 years old. My mom bought it for me as a gift because she noticed that I had a passion for writing. At that time, I also had a composition notebook and I write on whichever one I felt like writing on that day. I was inspired by the movie called, "Harriet the Spy" and loved the idea of writing anything on a notebook. I even said, "when I grow up, I want to be a writer someday." I don't have those two journals with me right now but I think I can still retrieve it at my parents' house.

A writer is a person who uses various styles and techniques to communicate ideas. There are different forms of writing. For example, Novel, essays, screenplays, scripts, poems, etc. I wanted to be the writer who writes freely about anything that interests me... not what someone tells me to write about. I know I still need a lot of work but one day, I'll get there.

Over the years, I have accumulated over a dozen of journals with different hardcovers and style. I love how pretty they make my bookshelf look. Not a lot of journals that I have written made it to the bookshelf this year. This means that some were either thrown away, still at my parent's house, or misplaced somewhere.

I love journaling because I can write whatever comes to my mind without worrying about making any sense. Someone can read it but they won't understand it because I write it in a way that only I can understand it.

"The best moments are not always captured in writing, camera, or on a video. It just means that I am living life at it's fullest that I am too busy to capture everything at the same time."





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...