SEARCH MY BLOG...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Common Cold, Fever, Hearing Loss, and Rice Porridge...


I've been sick for three days now. Today counts as my third day. It's a good thing I'm a stay-at-home mom. Yesterday, my husband didn't go to work because he had to take care of something very important in the morning. When my husband arrived home, he took care of my kids while I just stayed in bed. (Thanks Hubby ♥) I had a hard time getting up that morning. My body was aching all over, I had mixed tension migraines, had chills all over my body, had a runny nose, coughing a lot, spitting up mucus, and sweating. I didn't get up until it was 4pm. I decided to take two tablets of Ibuprofen with water. I could NOT tolerate the mixed tension migraines. I didn't take it earlier because the night before yesterday, I already took 8 tablets of Ibuprofen. I'm not suppose to take more than 6 tablets within 24 hours. Well, I didn't want to stay in bed too long so that's why I took it. The good news is that I gave my body enough time to fight against the virus without any meds. Since I was coughing a lot, it was hard to swallow. I made myself some chicken rice porridge. That was all I ate. I developed a hearing loss on my right ear. I was so scared that it would stay permanent so I researched it and read that it can be due to overdosing on Ibuprofen. I also researched on what helps with hearing and found that certain Vitamins can help. I took prenatal vitamins in hopes of restoring my hearing. Later that day, I yawned and noticed it popped my ears. Immediately, I could hear a lot better!! So I thought, maybe I might have had a hearing loss because I was blowing my nose too hard. The odd thing was, I had this hearing loss that lasted more than 3 hours so that might not be the reason. I think it was the meds. LESSON LEARNED: Don't overdose on meds!!! My son also had the same symptoms like me too minus the hearing loss. This was his first time to ever get sick during his birthday. He just turned 5 years old.

Today, I made some more Chicken rice porridge. Since I haven't thaw any chicken, I just used chicken flavoring. It's no wonder some Asian folks makes rice porridges whenever someone is sick. It really helps with the swallowing or when someone is just too weak to chew their food. I used to hate eating rice porridge when I was a kid. Actually, I really hate eating them as it is. I like a little flavor to it, as long as it doesn't have a strong smell because that can make me even more sick. Anyways, it's funny how my son didn't want to eat it at first because to him, it doesn't look very appetizing. I made him try just a teaspoon of it to see if he likes it and he did!! He ate 2 plates of it. I like to serve it on a plate for him because it helps the rice porridge cool down a lot faster. Right now, he's doing a lot better.

I'm just going to keep drinking more water. All that blowing my nose and spitting up mucus really makes me dehydrated. I hope by tomorrow, I'll be back to normal. I'm days behind house chores but it's ok. All of that will be taken care of soon.

Thanks for reading my post!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...